Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Galaxy S26 Ultra Benchmarks Leak Ahead of Launch

    Norris Tops Bahrain F1 Test Session

    Allegations Resurface Over Civil Service Contender

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Times TribuneTimes Tribune
    • Home
    • Business
    • World
    • Politics
    • Media & Culture
    • Life Style
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Times TribuneTimes Tribune
    Home » Japan’s H3 rocket fails to deploy Michibiki 5 satellite
    World

    Japan’s H3 rocket fails to deploy Michibiki 5 satellite

    By Updated:No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    japan’s-h3-rocket-fails-to-deploy-michibiki-5-satellite
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Second-stage engine issue halts seventh H3 mission

    Japan’s H3 rocket suffered a setback on Sunday after failing to place the Michibiki 5 navigation satellite into its intended orbit. The rocket lifted off from Tanegashima Space Center at 8:51 p.m. EST, but the mission ended unsuccessfully when the second-stage engine did not restart as planned.

    In a statement released early Monday, the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency said the engine’s second ignition shut down prematurely, preventing the satellite from reaching geosynchronous orbit. As a result, the launch was declared a failure.

    Setback for Japan’s Quasi-Zenith Satellite System

    Michibiki 5, also known as QZS-5, weighed approximately 4,800 kilograms and was intended to expand Japan’s Quasi-Zenith Satellite System. The network is designed to complement GPS and provide more reliable positioning signals over Japan and parts of the Asia-Pacific region.

    Japan currently operates four QZSS satellites, with long-term plans to expand the constellation to 11 spacecraft. Officials have said the system will play a growing role in regional navigation services once fully deployed.

    H3 rocket development and recent track record

    The two-stage H3 rocket was jointly developed by JAXA and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries as the successor to the H-2A launcher, which was retired earlier this year after 25 years of service.

    While the H3 failed on its inaugural flight in March 2023, it later achieved five consecutive successful missions before Sunday’s anomaly. The latest failure marks the first setback for the vehicle since that recovery streak began.

    Investigation launched after mission failure

    JAXA has established a task force led by agency president Hiroshi Yamakawa to investigate the cause of the second-stage engine malfunction. Officials said the goal is to determine corrective measures before future launches.

    “We would like to express our deepest apology to all those involved and to the public who had high expectations for this project,” JAXA said in its update.

    H3 rocket anomaly Japan H3 rocket Japanese space program JAXA launch failure Michibiki 5 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries rocket navigation satellite Japan QZSS satellite space launch failure Tanegashima Space Center
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    Allegations Resurface Over Civil Service Contender

    India’s Trade Deals Mark a Turning Point

    Takaichi’s landslide reshapes Japan’s political future

    Comments are closed.

    Our Picks
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss

    Galaxy S26 Ultra Benchmarks Leak Ahead of Launch

    Technology

    Snapdragon 8 Elite Gen 5 Performance Surfaces With Samsung’s next Galaxy Unpacked event just days…

    Norris Tops Bahrain F1 Test Session

    Allegations Resurface Over Civil Service Contender

    Lawmakers Renew Focus on Wexner in Epstein Case

    Subscribe to Updates

    About Us
    About Us
    Our Picks
    More Links
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Fitness
    • Life Style
    • Travels
    • Technology
    • Privacy Policy
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Times Tribune | All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.